THRIVE is eager to help you organize your own local events to help build local, face-to-face community, and to provide support for people in your area. For your first local event, we recommend a single-day event. Some possible steps to organize your own event are as follows:
- Send an email to ThriveBeyondReligion@gmail.com and include your name, phone number, and your city. We will schedule a call with you to discuss best practices.
- Organize a planning committee.
- Select a date for the event.
- Find a location. An ideal location allows outside food and a capacity of up to 100 or 150 people.
- Consider selecting local speakers – local mental health professionals can be a great resource.
- Consider searching for local musical talent.
- THRIVE can also provide you with a list of potential outside speakers from the broader post-Mormon community that may or may not have additional cost. Some outside speakers may require travel reimbursement and/or a speaking fee.
- THRIVE is willing to front upfront planning costs to relieve you of any financial burden/risk.
- Final step: Work with THRIVE to register your event on the THRIVE website, and to promote your event nationally.